After a strong showing from Thor last weekend, can any film take the top spot from the Norse God of Thunder? Hit the jump to find out.
This weekend brings us two new releases. They are Bridesmaids, the latest film from Judd Apatow and Priest, an adaptation of the graphic novel of the same name starring Paul Bettany. After a strong weekend from Thor last weekend, it’s doubtful either of these can take the top spot. Bridesmaids will do well, but with literally no one knowing what Priest is, don’t expect to much. Final predictions after each new releases trailer.
My Predictions (New Films in Bold):
1. Thor – $38.1 million
2. Bridesmaids – $25.0 million
3. Fast Five – $17.2 million
4. Priest – $15.3 million
5. Jumping the Broom – $8.1 million
6. Rio – $7.3 million
7. Something Borrowed – $6.4 million
8. Water for Elephants – $3.2 million
9. Tyler Perry’s Madea’s Big Happy Family – $2.2 million
10. Soul Surfer – $1.3 million